Quality indicators among the small and rural hospitals of Northwest Ontario
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre and CEP worked together to develop and implement a scorecard for quality of care among the 11 small and rural hospitals of northwest Ontario. These indicators will be incorporated into a quality scorecard, which will be implemented across participating hospitals.
To develop appropriate quality of care indicators for rural and small hospitals to help improve care while taking into account the local context such as volumes and resources.
- Partners: The eleven small and rural hospitals in the North West Local Health Integration Network:
- Atikokan General Hospital
- Dryden Regional Health Centre
- Geraldton District Hospital
- Lake of the Woods District Hospital
- McCausland Hospital
- Manitouwadge General Hospital
- Nipigon District Memorial Hospital
- Red Lake Hospital Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
- Riverside Health Care Facilities
- Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre
- Wilson Memorial General Hospital
A three-round modified Delphi panel process was used to identify quality indicators specific to small and rural settings, for measurement and performance management purposes.
- Client: Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre
- Funder: Small, Rural and Northern Hospital Transformation Fund
Publications and Presentations
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) 27th Annual National Forum on Quality Improvement in Health Care, accepted poster presentation. Orlando, FL. 6-9 Dec 2015.